Using Timetable Data
The timetable data available on this website, is updated on a weekly basis and contains all national rail passenger train services, associated shipping and bus links, as well as reference data to support timetable enquiry systems. It does not include real time train running information.
The timetable data download consists of the following files:
- Full Timetable File - This contains details of all national rail passenger train services, associated shipping and bus links in a CIF format and is supplemented with passenger train service identifiers.
- Manual Trains File - This file contains data for trains, buses and ferries not held in the Full Timetable File and is also supplied in CIF format, but does not include train service identifiers. This file is commonly known as the “Z Trains File”.
- Master Stations Names File - This file stores all location specific data that is relevant to systems using the Full Timetable File.
- Fixed Link File - This file contains details of walking times, bus, tube and Metro links between stations for which timetabled services are not shown in the Full Timetable File.
- Set File - This is a static file, with one line of data “UCFCATE” and is not relevant to users.
- Report File - This file contains a list of the files in the download.
The full specification of this file can be found in the following PDF:
Timetable Data - Instructions for Use
Information on how, when and why you should use the Timetable Data.
Reference: 06-00 12/04/2012
Please note that this data is of a technical nature and you will require a good level of computer skills in order to be able to load and process the data.